Very recently, a West Indian friend of mine introduced me to cooking in coconut milk. I liked the flavor and just decided to gather more information on the same. The information gathered is actually surprising and encouraging. After reading so much on the health benefits of coconut milk I believe it is there to stay in my family’s and my own diet.
Here The 6 Nutritional Values of Coconut Milk
- It is good for the health of your skin and hair. It is widely used as a base in many cosmetic applications and products like hair oil and skin moisturizers. It is an excellent hydrant.
- It is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help the body to hold against ageing, sagging of the skin, poor vision and low bone density.
- Presence of lauric acid in coconut milk renders anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties to it. The effect is that it is excellent when it comes to fighting infections.
- It is good for the heart too. The lauric acid present in it, helps to unclog the arteries.
- In spite of the fact that coconut milk contains saturated fats, it helps in weight loss too. The fat consists of short chain and medium chain fatty acids as a result the body converts it into energy and does not store the same as fat.
- In addition to all of the above, it also aids in digestion and is also used as a laxative.
Coconut milk is a common ingredient in cuisines of the tropical region. Thai, Caribbean, South Indian and Sri Lankan cuisines are heavily dependent on it as a regular ingredient. It is rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of vitamins A and E, potassium and calcium. It is a lactose free substitute for milk and can be used in baked products and it can easily be incorporated in rice dishes, curries, condiments, soups and seasonings.
*Brand New 2020 Manifestation Magic V2.0