Nutrition and Benefit of Spoon Cabbage
Spoon cabbage is widely used in Chinese stir fry dishes and soup based dishes like noodle soup. The nutrition ingredients of spoon cabbage is really great. It has vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin Bs, iron, zinc, and lot of dietary fiber which helps to fill up our stomach and has a cleansing effect too.
The health benefits by taking spoon cabbage are many like: cancer prevention, prevent constipation, ease anemia problem, prevent flu attack, and beautify skin. Usually it is suitable for all people to consume, however for those that have week digestion problem, they need to avoid taking it, since the high dietary fiber will need to digest well.
Here are some tips for buying the fresh and good spoon cabbage, tips in how to keep it for lasting longer and the method to clean it before use in cooking.
So when purchasing spoon cabbage, you need to select the smaller one in size, complete leaves without any broken leaves, the green color of the vegetable has to be vivid in color, bright, lively and the stem, leaves has to be firm and feel full, these are the good ones.
Once you bought it back from market, if you are not using it and might need to left it over for 1 to 2 days before using it, the best way to keep it is by using a wet newspaper to wrap the vegetables around nicely and put into a plastic bag. Keep it stand still in the refrigerator under the vegetable storage compartment. Again the nutrient will lost in couple of days, so it is advisable to consume it fresh and the sooner the better.
If you are ready to cook the vegetable, all you need to do is cutting away the root part of the vegetable, soak the whole vegetable in water for about 5 minutes, let the pesticide on the leaves surface to dissolve in the water. Then rinse it for a minute and wash thoroughly especially the root side as it usually will accumulate some soil there. Once these steps are done, it is ready for cooking.
Quick recipe on stir fry mushroom with spoon cabbage for vegan:
1. 300 gram Spoon Cabbage
2. 2 pieces of Dried Mushroom
3. 1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic
4. 1 small cup of Rice Wine
5. 1 teaspoon of Salt
6. Half teaspoon of Pepper powder
7. 2 tablespoon of Water
1. Wash the dried mushroom thoroughly and soak in hot water until it is soft, cut into thin slices.
2. Wash the spoon cabbage thoroughly, cut into small sections.
3. Heat up frying pan with some oil, put in the mince garlic and salt, fry until golden in color.
4. Put in the mushroom slices and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put in the vegetable, all ingredients and stir fry with high heat/flames together for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Once the spoon cabbage is soften, remove from heat and serve on the plate.
Have fun cooking and go vegan!
*Brand New 2020 Manifestation Magic V2.0