Quitting smoking online may seem unusual, and it certainly challenges one of the sacred cows of hypnosis. But I’m sure as a smoker who wants to quit you couldn’t care less about hypnosis politics.
The only bottom line of interest is that it works. In the past few years since I started doing online hypnosis I have successfully helped many people from as far as Melbourne to Cardiff UK to Los Angeles.
If I only had a regular clinic space then I would never have had the chance to help these people and so many others.
So what are the pros and cons of quitting smoking online?
- You don’t need to travel, or park, or take public transport or take extra time off work for your appointment.
- You sit in the comfort of your home or office; you can even do it from your car!
- You do need a reasonable internet connection, a computer with a camera or a modern phone.
- Skype can drop out but I use zoom which offers a better quality image and sound.
- The picture quality can be challenged if the connection is poor, this rarely happens, but if it does I just turn off the camera until it resolves.
- The reality is that once you close your eyes you could be in my office or anywhere in the world, so it doesn’t matter.
- Some may feel it lacks a little in the personal touch, but families and friends keep in touch this way or the time, right across the globe.
The reality is that if you are ready to quit we could do it at a table in a busy noisy café, if you are resisting online then you either need to see it in action or it is just an excuse to avoid quitting.
The hypnosis word is divided into online is fine and online isn’t fine. The main reaction comes mostly from those who haven’t done it this way or from those who are concerned about a client have a strong negative reaction.
Firstly I have never seen a client have a strong negative reaction, having done thousands of sessions.
And secondly we are talking about quitting smoking and we are not digging into some terrible past trauma.
From my perspective it comes down to proper preparation so that by the time you sit down at your screen and connect with me on skype, you are ready to quit and excited to leave cigarettes behind.
Source by Ian Newton