If you want to make sure that your horse looks and feels gret all year round then you will probably have to invest some money into equine supplements. The fact is that there are dozens if not hundreds of different types of equine supplements, ranging from more obscure ones such as coatshine supplements and fly repellents to joint supplements and calmers. It is quite clear that there are hundreds of different products for you to choose from and this massive choice could cause confusion and overwhelm. In today’s article I would like to share some pros and cons about using horse supplements.
Here are the pros of why you should invest in high quality equine supplements:
- The fact is that grazing conditions are not perfect all year round and during certain periods of the year horses do not get as many different vitamins, minerals and nutrients as their bodies need. This is where horse supplements such as feed balancers come into play. They are packed with all of the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that your horse needs to look and feel great. In short, by supplementing your horse’s diet with a high quality feed balancer you will make sure that your horse gets all of the essential nutrients.
- Sometimes horses that are involved in competitive horse riding disciplines tend to get spooky and anxious, and this could negatively affect horse’s performance. If you want your horse to remain calm, you should invest in a high quality magnesium calmer. In short, horse supplements can help you to keep your horse calm.
- It does not matter whether you and your horse are involved in competitive horse riding disciplines or if you simply ride because of recreational reasons, the chances are pretty high that as some point in his life, your horse will start to suffer from joint problems. To reduce the risk of joint disease you should invest in high quality joint supplements that will contain active ingredients such as glucosamine and MSM that are proven to strengthen and support joints. In short, horse supplements will help you to minimise the risk of joint disease.
Here are the cons of why you might want to avoid equine supplements:
- First of all horse supplements are expensive and they can end up costing thousands of pounds every single year. Quite a lot of horse owners fail to realize how expensive horse supplements and other horse care products can be.
- Secondly, horse supplements is a recent invention. The fact is that horses survived for thousands of years without feed balancers, calmers, joint supplements or any other modern equine product, which clearly indicates that horse supplements aren’t that important. Proper diet and good exercise regimen is key if you want your horse to be healthy and strong.
*Brand New 2020 Manifestation Magic V2.0