Everyone has a different idea of what healthy eating means. Some think it’s all about eating lettuce and drinking only water. Others think eating healthy means you have to make gigantic sacrifices in your life that amount to starvation. To me, eating healthy means this:
“You have only one chance at life. It makes more sense to increase your chances of living longer; opposed to decreasing you chances of living longer. Eating healthy means you have taken the initiative to be around longer for those you love. Heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol have sunk in at some point, and you refuse to take any chances. Eating healthy means you have self-will, self-awareness, self-confidence, and the desire to look and feel great every single day. You understand your bank statement, so should you understand words like sodium, fat & sugar. Start now.”
Simple ways to eat healthier starting today:
* Reverse your veggie to non-veggie ratio. Eat more veggies and less of the other stuff- that other stuff is what’s giving you the love handles. Meat is high in sodium and fat, so eat less of it.
* Butter be gone. When you order out, make sure they prepare your meal without butter. Most restaurants use butter to add flavor to food that has been sitting out for a while.
* Use milk instead of cream in your coffee.
* Rinse all your canned foods before eating them. It washes the sodium away from them!
* Learn about food labels. Reducing fat, sodium and sugar are critical to living healthier.
Source by Jeff Hopeck