“A Glance at Recent/Current Top 10 Medical Discovery News”… 2017.
2017 has been a bumper year for discoveries and breakthroughs in neuroscience research.
In this year alone, Scientists:
•Solved the structure of the misfolded tau protein
•Discovered a new function of the hippocampus and
•Found that the brain has a lymph system.
This list details the top ten research news stories and key moments from this year that resonated with enthusiastic readers:
1. A new drug to fight Huntington’s disease has been developed.
2. A new ultrasensitive brain probe has been developed.
3. Neuroscientists assemble.
4. Modified rabies virus enables long-term brain cell mapping.
5. AI uses brain network system to learn for itself.
6. Citizen scientists speed up brain mapping efforts.
7. The Human Brain Atlas.
8. The Brain has a Lymph System.
9. The Hippocampus is the beating heart of the brain.
10. The structure of the misfolded tau protein has been solved.