A compilation of honest answers about Dementia from medical doctors, professional care partners, family of loved ones, and the one who lives it.
This two-disk DVD presents responses from six individuals who represent different perspectives on the topic of dementia: what it is and what it means to live with it and care for someone who has it. Responses from the six featured individual to the same set of questions are expertly interwoven into a compelling commentary that challenges viewers to rethink their own understanding of dementia. The speakers represent different areas of expertise and firsthand experience with the disease, from the person who has been diagnosed to a family caregiver, a professional caregiver, a nursing home medical director, a long-term care owner and operator, and a journalist and advocate. Their opinions sometimes differ, but together they paint a compassionate, respectful, and enlightening picture of the potential for people with dementia to live out their lives with dignity and positive engagement throughout the course of this progressive disease.
Narrated by Minneapolis TV journalist Julie Anderson, this DVD set features
- Mona Johnson: cared for her father and created blog The Tangled Neuron
- Judy Berry: founder of the Dementia Care Foundation an owner/operator of model dementia care communities specializing in care for people with aggressive behaviors.
- Sarah Rowan: Eden board member and now inspirational speaker after caring for her doctor husband when he developed AD
- Richard Taylor: former psychologist living with diagnosis of dementia, now speaker and advocate for the rights of people with AD
- Al Power: geriatrician, nursing home medical director, dementia expert and author, and Eden Mentor
- Bill Thomas: self-proclaimed nursing home abolitionist, expert in geriatric medicine, and founder of Eden Alternative and Green Houses
The questions that are discussed revolve around the themes of Definitions (e.g., What is Alzheimer s? Why use care partner vs. caregiver?) In the doctor s office (e.g., How should a diagnosis be presented? Do drugs help?) Life after diagnosis (e.g., What is the importance of accepting the diagnosis? Can care partners understand what it s like to live with dementia?) Best care practices (e.g., What practices are best for families, professionals, and the person with dementia) Broad overview (e.g., What is the role of society and government in responding to dementia?)
The DVD is professionally filmed and edited, and it is easy to navigate through the different categories of questions.
List Price: $ 59.00
Price: $ 53.10
Find More Health Questions Products