How do I find out if a property has other tax liens?

Question by A C: How do I find out if a property has other tax liens?
I want to buy a property that has defaulted on property tax. The property is in Riverside County, California. I was told to make sure there are no other special liens before proceeding because some are not attached to the sale. I don’t even know where to even look to make sure there are no other liens. Is there a website or do I need to contact different people? These are the specific liens I need to find out:

“The sale of tax-defaulted property by the county tax collector is free and clear of all encumbrances existing before the sale, with the following exceptions:

Any lien for installments of taxes and special assessments, which installments will become payable on the secured roll after the time of the sale.

A lien for taxes or assessments or other rights of any taxing agency that does not consent to the sale.

Liens for special assessments levied on the property that were, at the time of the sale, not included in the amount necessary to redeem the tax-defaulted property, and where a tax agency that collects its own taxes has consented to the sale.

Easements constituting servitudes upon or burdens to the property; water rights; title that is held separately from title to the property; and restrictions of record.

Unaccepted, recorded, irrevocable offers of dedication of the property to the public or a public entity for a public purpose, and recorded options of any taxing agency to purchase the property or any interest therein for a public purpose.

Unpaid assessments under the Improvement Bond Act of 1915 that are not satisfied as a result of the sale.

Any Internal Revenue Service liens that are not discharged by the sale.

Unpaid special taxes under the Mello-Roos Community Facilities Act that are not satisfied as a result of the sale.”
California is a Tax Deed state you can’t buy certificates. The property is not yet up for sale for at least 1.5 more years. There is no house it is just land, a failed housing development. I am just trying to learn and keep an eye on it.

Best answer:

Answer by Tsunami
i would go directly to the tax office and find out but the leins well that is harder should be paper work but would be done by the owner and the person he did this with and maybe not filed yet. but you can file and find out and if it does can get out of the sale if it does.

Add your own answer in the comments!

panasonic lumix camera